Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Importance of Fork Marks OR Kick-Ass Peanut Butter Cookies

Those that know me, know that I love to bake. I have since I was a kid. It was something I did constantly with my grandmother and I find it to be a great stress reliever. I don't think my partner in crime minds either ;)

I have a peanut butter cookie recipe that I have adapted from "The Cookie & Biscuit Bible" by Catherine Atkinson, a wonderful book for any baking fiend such as myself.

"The Cookie & Biscuit Bible" by Catherine Atkinson 

As I say, I have ADAPTED this recipe and made it my own. The recipe provided by Catherine is just as good but when I bake, I enjoy experimenting and that's exactly what I did one day with this recipe. The result? A peanut butter cookie that is described by my partner in crime as "melt in your mouth". I have to make these for family gatherings now or else. I have yet to find out what the "or else" is. Tortue with Michael Buble music, perhaps? Just thinking about that is enough for me to make sure I make these. Do I know what makes them melt in your mouth? No. Sorry. I don't. Perhaps it's the oat flour OR the combo of butter/olive oil OR the amount of peanut butter OR the molasses. Do people seem to care? Not really. Alright...here's the recipe...

  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Egg replacer powder equivalent to 1 egg. I use Pane Riso brand 1 teaspoon powder + 2 tablespoons water. Mix. Add to recipe.
  • 1/2 cup dry sweetener
  • 1 1/2 (approx) black strap molasses
  • 1 tsp (okay, maybe a little bit extra) pure vanilla extract (I don't use the artificial crap)
  • 1 cup peanut butter (this is why this is an expensive recipe. Believe me, it's worth it. This is why I may be able to take over a country using these cookies)
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  1. Turn oven to 350
  2. Melt butter.
  3. Add olive oil, egg replacer, vanilla, molasses to butter. Mix well.
  4. Mix flour, dry sweetener, baking soda together.
  5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix.
  6. Roll dough with hands into small round pieces. Probably about a teaspoonful but I don't know for sure. It's approximate.
  7. THIS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL STEP. DO NOT SCREW THIS UP OR YOU WILL DISRUPT THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM OR AWAKE GAEA (See Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan). USE A FORK AND PUT FORK MARKS IN ALL THE COOKIES. I'm pretty sure someone didn't put fork marks on these cookies and this is why Eddard Strark gets beheaded or why Boromir dies. Oh, I think we know why Sean Bean dies is NEARLY EVERY SINGLE MOVIE HE IS IN. That's for another post though.  Just put the fork marks on them.
  8. Bake for about 9 minutes.
  9. ENJOY WHILE WATCHING SEAN BEAN DIE IN ANOTHER MOVIE BECAUSE SOMEONE FORGOT TO PUT FORK MARKS IN THE COOKIES
If you end up giving this recipe a try or make some adaptations of your own, be sure to let me know! I'm always curious about shit like that. 
ENJOY!!

~Miss Bellatrix~

No comments:

Post a Comment